Jenielle graduated Phi Theta Kappa from Eastern Wyoming College where she earned her Associates in Veterinary Technology and certification as a Vet Assistant. She plans to further her education by earning a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine.
Her employment opportunities involving horses, include working for Ken McNabb training horses and assisting with pack trips in various mountain ranges throughout her beautiful state of Wyoming.
While horses and animals are a vital part of who she is, Jenielle's first love is her relationship with Jesus and sharing Him with others.
Bailey is grateful for her family. She’s fortunate to have extended family members who have shared their knowledge, time and experience to make this lifestyle a reality. Even those who don’t understand her passion for horses support her unceasingly.
Bailey has proudly served in several positions including Blue Sky Saddle Club Sr. Princess, Sheridan WYO Rodeo Senior Princess, Chadron State College Rodeo Queen, Sheridan WYO Rodeo Queen, and is honored to represent KrossFire Counseling and Equine Enterprises today. She looks forward to continuing to represent the sport of rodeo and the wonderful state of Wyoming.
Hannah felt it was of great importance to use her title, and the abilities God has blessed her with, to not only to promote rodeo and the western way of life, but also to give back to her community through public service projects in her hometown of Sheridan. Honored to represent the Sheridan WYO Rodeo, Hannah expresses her sincere gratitude to the WYO Rodeo Board, WYO Rodeo Queen Board, her sponsors, her community, and especially her parents for their generous support.
Miss Rodeo Wyoming will receive an engraved trophy saddle from the Wyoming State Fair, breast collar (Shackelford Sales), a scholarship, buckle (Wyoming State Fair), jade crown (traveling crown), banners, briefcase, spurs (Tom Balding), chaps (Tim Bath), a saddle pad (King’s and Shackelford Sales), hat cans, banner pin/pendant, and other prizes. A $2000 scholarship will be awarded to Miss Rodeo Wyoming to be honored at the school of the winner’s choice. The 1st runner-up will receive a $500 scholarship.
Schedule Subject to change | Revised 7/23/18
(*=Events open to the public; tickets may be required)
- 7:00 am Pageant prep meeting with MRWA (MRWA MEMBERS ONLY)
- 7:00 am Stall horses on Fairgrounds via South Gate (Stalls are complementary of WSF-Equine Center)
- 8:00-9:00 am Check in at Ft. Bonneville Dorm (4-H & FFA Girls Dorms) at Fairgrounds (Turn in scrapbooks and silent auction items)
- 10:00-11:00 am Pageant orientation conducted by MRWA at Ruth James Williams Building (on east side of Pioneer Museum) -For contestants, judges, family, and sponsors.
- 11:00 am-12:00 pm Prepare horses for horsemanship
- *12:00 pm-2:00 pm 1st Round Horsemanship-WSF indoor arena Equine Center. Public welcome.Contestants will ride own horse then draw horse.
- 2:00-3:00 pm Judges round table with contestants- Ruth James Williams Building
- 3:00-4:30 pm Back to dorms to change for Contestant BBQ
- 5:00-7:00 pm BBQ for contestants, judges, family, and sponsors (no charge)-Hosted by MRW 2018 and family – Ruth James Williams Building -Answer personality impromptu question
- 7:30-9:00 pm Dance practice
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2018
- 5:45 am RISE AND SHINE
- 7:00 am Breakfast sponsored by Sleep Inn. Judges have been invited.
- 8:00-11:00 am Horsemanship Interviews. Contestants not interviewing will be signing autographs
- 9:00-10:30 am Parent Social- Ruth James Williams Courtyard
- 11:30 am-12:30 pm Contestants lunch. Judges have been invited
- 1:00-2:00 pm Dance Practice
- 2:00 pm Change for rodeo
- *3:00 – 5:00 pm Appearance on the midway – sign autographs and visit vendor booths
- *5:30 pm Ag Appreciation picnic hosted by the Wyoming Livestock Round-up at Riverside Park. Public welcome. ~Contestants will introduce themselves.
- 6:30-6:45 pm Get horses for grand entry for PRCA Rodeo
- *7:00 pm Grand entry for PRCA Rodeo & Mutton Busting (Rodeo tickets are required)
- *8:00 - 9:00 pm Sell programs and Sign Autographs
- 8:30 pm MRWA meeting-WSF office (MRWA members)
- 9:00 pm Return to dorms-P.J. party and snacks
THURSDAY, AUGUST 16, 2018
- 5:45 am RISE AND SHINE
- 7:00 am Breakfast sponsored by Village Inn. Judges have been invited.
- 8:30 am-12:30 pm Personality Timed Interviews – Hardware Hanks ~Contestants not interviewing will be taking test
- 12:30-1:30 pm Contestants lunch with judges sponsored by Douglas Hardware Hank.
- 2:00-3:00 pm Contestants change for speech and modeling
- 3:00-4:45 pm Practice for extemporaneous speeches and modeling
- 4:45 pm Doors open for Speeches and modeling
- *5:00-8:00 pm DINNER & AUCTION followed by SPEECHES & MODELING - Ruth James Williams Building (Tickets can be purchased by completing and mailing the order form. Click here for order form)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2018
- 5:45 am RISE AND SHINE
- 7:00 am Prepare horses for horsemanship.
- *7:30-9:30 am 2nd Round horsemanship-WSF grounds indoor arena Equine Center. Public Welcome -Contestants will ride draw horse
- 10:00 am Practice for Coronation at rodeo grandstands. Parents need to attend. Vote for Miss Congeniality & Scrapbook
- 10:30 am-12:00 pm Brunch -judges and contestants
- 1:00 pm Check out of dorms. Parents may help move out belongings and contestants will be released to their parents or sponsor.
- 6:00 pm To horse stalls to prepare for the rodeo. Sell programs.
- *7:00 - 9:00 pm Rodeo grand entry and crowning of Miss Rodeo Wyoming 2019 (Rodeo tickets are required)
- 10:00 pm MRW 2019 sign contract-WSF office (review contract and answer questions Saturday morning if needed)
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18, 2018
- 8:00 am Miss Rodeo Wyoming Contestants and MRW 2018 & 2019 at Horse Barns to prepare for parade
- 9:30 am Trailer Horses to Parade Check-In (Douglas High School Parking Lot (Contestants are responsible for trailering horses to parade check-in)
- *10:00 am Parade (After the Parade Ride Back to the fairgrounds horse barn; Mandatory for MRW 2019 contestants)