Pamerleau's lifetime of service to our nation and community is highlighted with leadership, duty, honor, and excellence. She has achieved the highest levels of success in both the public and private sectors.
- Susan Pamerleau served in the United States Air Force for 32 years, retiring at the rank of Major General. She began her military training immediately following graduation from the University of Wyoming through the Air Force Officer Training School.
- She commanded at every level, with many firsts as a woman, including Commander – Air Force Reserve Officers Training Corps (AFROTC) and Commander – Air Force Personnel Center; and was promoted to Brigadier General in 1994 and to Major General in 1997.
- Following retirement from the Air Force, she served in the highest levels of the corporate world, as Senior Vice President at USAA, a Fortune 150 company, and serves on the board of directors for Government Personnel Mutual Life Insurance Company.
- In 2012, Pamerleau was elected the first woman sheriff in the history of Bexar County, Texas. The Bexar County Sheriff's Office is the eleventh largest Sheriff's Office in the nation, serving the almost 2 million residents of Bexar County, including San Antonio, the 7th largest city in the United States.
- Serves on the United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County Executive Committee, the Advisory Board for ChildSafe of San Antonio, Child Advocates of San Antonio (CASA) Board of Directors, Bexar County Family Justice Center Foundation Advisory Board, and active in numerous civic and charitable organizations locally. Served on the Board of Directors for the Sheriffs Association of Texas, and actively involved with Major County Sheriffs’ Association, National Sheriffs’ Association, and the American Correctional Association.
- Pamerleau is also a survivor of family violence, a nationally known speaker on this issue, citing this experience as a survivor as part of what prepared her to serve as Sheriff.
Join us in this inspiring setting to learn more about this shining example of a leader… and a woman!
Visit http://www.missrodeowyoming.com/ for more information. Tickets including a meal are only available until October 7th and will NOT be sold at the door! Admission tickets without a meal will be available at the door for $10. If you're wanting a meal, be sure to purchase a ticket online or RSVP to Morgan by the 7th!